Thursday, January 5, 2012

My first frugal project



I've started my first frugal project...This is the Sense & Sensibility sampler from The Sampler Girl.  The chart was pulled from my collection of Jane Austen themed charts, and I"m suing some 28 count evenweave fabric and silk floss from my stash.


Sense & Sensibility Sampler
28 count mushroom evenweave
Silk floss from Hand-Dyed Fibers

I'm pretty certain that my final version of the sampler won't be even close to the original color-wise!  I want to limit my floss choices to what's in my silk box, so I'll be picking colors as I go along--my biggest challenge will be the lettering because I need so much of whatever color I pick.  It will be a fun experiment, and I'm sure that I will love the finished piece all the more for being so very personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment