Monday, January 30, 2012

Frugal can be fun, and beautiful!

I'm having such a good time with my frugal project--and I think the project is developing quite nicely.  Here's the latest update on Sense & Sensibility:


Sense & Sensibility
The Sampler Girl

I've not bought--and I'm not going to buy--one single thing to use in order to stitch this project.  My sampler won't look one bit like the cover model, but that's OK with me.  I'm thrilled with the way it's turning out and I don't even mind that it's taking a bit longer to stitch than it would have if I had just made a run to the store and bought exactly what the chart called for.   There's been some trial-and-error, and a few things that might end up being tweaked at the end (those dormer windows just don't really show up--I may just take them out entirely, or change the color of the window sashes) but when it's over I'll have a sampler that's really MINE!

So if you haven't tried frugal stitching, go look at your stash, pick out a pattern, and come join me!

1 comment:

  1. when i try to be fugal, i always find i am one or two threads short of a full skein - no, wait, that's not right. i am always two colours short of what it would take to finish a project and look nice.

    ReplyDelete