Sunday, January 8, 2012

frugal update

I did some Frugal Stitching yesterday.  I spent most of the day on the Sense & Sensibility sampler, but I don't have much to show for it.  Some frogging because I got off 1 thread coupled with several frogging sessions while trying to decide what color to use to stitch the lettering, and then the small bit of stitching under it, ate up much of my stitching time.

Choosing floss colors from scratch can be a time-consuming task!  But I'm very happy with the look of my sampler so far, so the time spent on color selection has been well worth it.


I also started another frugal project last night.  This is the Downton Abbey freebie that was offered last year on The Sampler Girl's blog.  I started it while watching Downton Abbey last night, and I'll work on it again next Sunday evening while watching the next installment.

I pulled some 35 count undyed linen from my stash and then pulled a few colors of HDF silk floss that I thought would look good together.  I'm very happy with the results so far.



So, any frugal stitching going on out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment