Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Finishing doesn't have to be expensive...

This is the Downton Abbey freebie that I finished on Sunday evening.  I decided to frame it, and I hope to eventually have several of my favorite quotes from the series charted, stitched, and hanging with it.  So framing it required that I find a frame that would blend easily with other frames that may be purchased a year or more after this one, and that wasn't too expensive.



This is a frame I already had in the house.  It's one from Wal-Mart, and it cost $3.  In addition to coming in a range of sizes, it's a basic deep cherry/mahogany color with gold trim, so I should be able to find other frames in the coming years that will look good with it.

I would have loved to have used a gold oval frame with this, but when I was looking for one online everything I found was both too simple, and too expensive!

I'm very happy with the way this turned out.  Not bad for a 100% stash project!

No comments:

Post a Comment